Been a long time between posts here, work and live very busy.
Also had some hosting issues which have been sorted with a new host.
Update is im doing most of my work contracting for Les Collins Racing in Warragul.
Les Collins Racing Website.
Les Collins Racing Youtube Channel.
Been a long time for any posts or updates to the site.
Been busy working and with a new baby (1 year old now)
I do have a lot of new info and pic of jobs, I just need to find the time to update the site with it all.
I have noticed some missing picture on the site of late, not sure whats happened to em but ill try to get it fixed soon.
Update – All Fixed 🙂
Extreme X3311- http://3dmark.com/3dm11/1385834
Performance P9478 – http://3dmark.com/3dm11/1385795
These are Overclocked Figures, click the links for exact system setup and clocks.
NB: She is real sweat in games! 🙂
I hear a few ISPs have the problem but I found it with Optus cable in Melbourne and mainly at nite.
Optus are aware of the problem and say they are working on fixing it however it will take weeks if not months!
I use Battleping to fix it and it works great!
Good luck and have fun 🙂
Print from Mac OSX to Printer on Windows Network
Brother HL5040 Connected to a Windows 7 64 Machine using USB
Mac 20″iMac Running Snow Leopard and an old 17″ iMac G5 running Leopard
On the Windows 7 PC, Enable LPD drivers
1. In Windows 7 Control Panel
2. Select Programs
3. Select “Programs and Features” pane
4. On the LH Side Click “Turn Windows Features on or off”
5. Open the Print and Document Services Menu and “Turn on the LPD print Service”.
On the Windows 7 PC, Share the printer
1. Select the “Start/Devices & Printers
2. Right click the printer and select “Printer Properties”
3. Click the Sharing tab.
4. Enable the checkbox “Share this printer”
5. Make sure the printer name has no spaces and simple, e.g. this is mine – lh5040
6. Also a good idea to specify the ip address of the machine connected to the printer.
Sometimes the ip can change and that will stop the printer from working on the Mac, E.g. mine is set to 192.168.1.100
On the Mac running OS X
1. Open “System Preferences” – “Print & Fax”
2. Click “+” to add a printer
3. Under the IP Tag, Protocol: “Line Printer Daemon – LPD”
4. Address: “IP of the windows machine the printer is shared from”. In my case its 192.168.1.100 (just like that, nothing else)
5. Queue: (is the share name of the printer on the windows machine, in my case its “lh5040”.
Do not leave the queue area blank as the comment tell you, do the above
6. Name the printer what you like, I just left it at the default which is the ip of the printer
7. Print Using: select the printer from the list, on my Snow Leopard sys I used the HL5040 Gutenprint driver
and on my Leopard G5 sys I used the HL5040 Cups as it didn’t have the Gutenprint option.
8. Click the “Add” button
Welcome to the new look website.
I have changed it to a Word press type site. The reason I have dose this is mainly ease of updating the news (blog) the photos and also some of the content section of the site.
The content on the old site was not to bad to update but the news and photo areas where a pain.
Also the website had a bit of an old look about it.
The new site now also works great on a mobile device, I have tested in on iPhone, iPad and a 7″ tablet.
The Blog area now is on the front page, the place you come to first. I think this is the way of the web now and that is the page that will change the most. (New Content)
That’s why users will come back, to see new content, not much use returning to a site that is always the same.
So have a look around.
Also you will see links on the right to follow me and also links to the Flickr photo gallery, there you will see some cool pics of various nice things I have been working on.
Idd also like to thank Richard Stocks for supplying me with a server for me to setup the site before making it live and all his data base help.
Sorry, I forgot to post that ill be away for 2 weeks.
A little late but oh well.
Away from 22/02/2010 to 8/03/2010
Ewin Moile’s 1972 Datsun 1600 (P510)
FJ20 N/A 2.0Ltr Twin Cam
Close ratio dog leg 5spd gearbox 1.1 5th
Engine & Gearbox Prepared by Les Collins
Motec M4 EFI Quad Throttle Body’s
Wired & Dyno Tuned by Steven @ Able Tech & Automotive
Volvo 4 spot front brakes
Volvo 2 spot rear brakes
R180 Diff, Various ratios, LSD or Locked track dependent.
Adjustable Peddle Box & Suspension.
Alfa Fibreglass flares and spoilers
Well done on the following –
1998 Group 5 Sprint Champion
1998 P.I.A.R.C. Sprint Champion (Class)
2004 3rd Class AUST Hill Climb Championship
2004 2nd Class Vic Hill Climb Championship
2007 Gippsland C.C. Sprint Champion
2009 1st U2L Improved Production AUST Hill Climb Championship
Been a bit busy to post, but here is some news.
Just got the Silvia finished in time for the Alpine 2009. Car came 16th outright and 5th in class.
Was running in the top 10 till the last nite. (Small error on the nite stage)
Not bad for its first time out.
Only have a few photos.